2019 Ribbon Cuttings
Fancy Pants Staff
Owner –Camilla Shive
We have three part time employees-
Hours of Operation- Monday-Wednesday / 10:00-5:30
Thursday-Saturday / 10:00-6:00
Glasgow Barren County Chamber of Commerce
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony Guide
A ribbon cutting ceremony is held on your behalf to announce the opening of a new business or a new location or expansion of an existing business. The following are suggestions to make this event a memorable occasion for your business and to encourage others to become your “customer.”
- The Chamber of Commerce does not charge to host a ribbon cutting ceremony if your business is a member.
- Call 270-651-3161 to schedule a date and time on the Chamber calendar at least ten days prior to the event.
- Prepare a written narrative about your business to the Chamber prior to the event. Provide information that may be of interest to the public. The Chamber will edit as needed for press releases and the newsletter article.
- The Chamber will prepare a press release and submit to area news media. Pictures of the ceremony will be taken by Chamber staff and submitted to area newspapers for publication. An article will also appear in the Chamber newsletter before or after the event depending on the date of the ceremony.
- Advise the Chamber if the event is “by invitation only.”
- The Chamber cannot guarantee a number of people that will attend. It is in the best interest of the business to advertise the event and/or invite the public and special guests to attend. This may be done using posters, paid ads, radio spots, etc.
- A ribbon (bow and streamer) is provided by the Chamber. You choose the color of the ribbon and notify the Chamber prior to the event. The Chamber also provides large scissors to cut the ribbon.
- Agenda: The guests and business representatives are asked to gather in front of the business for the ceremony. This usually takes place out of doors, but that is dependent on the weather. The owner reps stand in the middle front holding the bow and the scissors. Others gather around them for a picture. As the ribbon is cut, the picture is taken.
- For your consideration: a) Refreshments: Many businesses offer refreshments immediately following the ceremony.
b) Door prizes: You may want to give away door prizes immediately following the ceremony. The entries provide a record of who attended if you want to make contact with guests at a later date. You could give a gift certificate from your business.
Glasgow Mayor or representative
County Judge Executive or representative
Owner/Operator—may want to recognize or introduce staff at this time.
***You may choose to send personal invitations to those of your choice such as business partners, board of directors (if appropriate), financial advisors, suppliers, family, and friends. The Chamber will invite the Chamber Board of Directors and members of the Ambassadors Club via e-mail.